Our dream for Tomorrow’s Air is to mobilize collective action for a return to the atmosphere we had in the past, before an overload of greenhouse gas emissions - especially carbon dioxide - threatened Earth’s stable climate.
• Planes take the brunt of the blame for carbon emissions associated with travel, but they’re not the only culprit.
• Lodging, meals and shopping all contribute as well.
• When considering all the aspects of travel, researchers found that 8 percent of all emissions could be attributed to travel.
• With annual emissions at about 37B tons, we estimate that about 3 billions tons of that total is attributable to travel.
• The researchers used data collected between 2009 and 2013 however, so we assume this percentage to be even higher.