Adventure Travel Trade Association, Inc. (“ATTA,” “we,” or “us”) knows your personal data privacy is important. We are committed to respecting your privacy, and we take the responsibility of protecting your privacy seriously.
Information You Choose to Give Us:We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us by phone, email, our reporting and other forms, or in any other way including but not limited to in person at our events. On our website, you may request and obtain information, register for our events, subscribe to our newsletter, purchase our products and services, participate in our contests and surveys, upload and create content to various areas of our website including but not limited to the online discussion forum called the Adventure HUB, and use any other services we provide.
• To take advantage of these offerings, it is necessary for you to disclose personal information (referred to as “personal information,” “personally identifiable information,” “personal data,” and “your information”) to us, including but not limited to one or more of the following identifying information: name, age, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details. We use the information you provide to respond to your requests, communicate with you, provide information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners, to deliver membership benefits, and customize and improve our services. To purchase our goods or services, you must submit financial information in addition to certain personal information, which we use to bill you for the purchased goods or services. We do not, however, store your entire credit card number or bank account information. Instead, we keep the last four digits of your credit card, debit card, or electronic card number and payment type for reference. You have the right to review or have your personal information deleted from our system at any time. See below for more details.
If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that they have authorized you to act for them, that they have consented to the processing of their personal data, including sensitive personal data, and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes for which their personal data will be processed.
• Survey Data: The ATTA occasionally conducts industry and customer surveys. Your survey responses are linked to an IP address and ID number. When survey results are reported, they are always aggregated meaning survey results are combined and presented as a group. Apart from your IP address and survey ID number, your personal information is not linked to your survey unless you expressly opt in to provide your contact information within the survey or in a separate form following the survey. Your participation in our surveys is entirely optional. You have the choice to decline participation in any industry or customer survey.
• Information From Others: We might receive information from third parties about you whom you authorize to interact with our website to provide or receive personalized information about you. You have the right to have that information deleted at your request subject to the terms of this agreement.
Cookies allow us to recognize your device, make navigating our site easier, allow access to members-only and delegate-only paid features, provide certain features such as data access control and user permission validation and provide personalized advertisements about our services on other websites. For instance, cookies allow us to make it easier for us to give you access to the members-only HUB and to provide dynamic and relevant information to you for your business interests and needs as you navigate our website for. Most browsers automatically accept all cookies by default.
If located in Europe, you have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our website’s function, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse, disable, or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You should be able to adjust your browser’s settings to reject new cookies, prompt you before accepting a cookie, or disable cookies. Check your browser’s help section for instructions on how to do this.
We do not track our Users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when you access them in order to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may allow you to set the DNT signal so that third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
If you wish not to have send information about your website visit to Google Analytics, download and install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On for your current web browser.
• Third-Party Service Providers:We employ other companies and persons to perform certain business functions on our behalf, including but not limited to website development and maintenance, marketing, accounting and payment processing. These third parties have access to user information needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for any other purposes. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these providers have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check their individual privacy policies before you submit any information to these websites.
• Activity/Trip Suppliers and Organizers: Our services include providing registrants of certain events the ability to sign up for indoor and outdoor activities and trips with third party suppliers, which may be referred to as Day of Adventures, Pre-Summit Adventures, Pre-Adventures, and Post-Adventures. These activities and trips are provided by third parties, for which ATTA is not responsible. The information you provide on the sign-up form is shared with these third parties and the organizations or entities that help arrange these activities and trips (e.g., tour operators).
• Business Transfers: As our business continues to develop, your information may be sold to any successor to or purchaser of part or all of the assets of our business. Business assets typically include customer information.
• Aggregated Demographic Information: We may share aggregated demographic information with third parties. We do not link this aggregated information to any personal information that can identify your or any other person and, thus, do not disclose any personal information in this manner.
Note that the links on our website and in our policies may change over time. Consult us or the relevant third party if you have any questions about the links we use.
We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect our databases and information under our control against loss, misuse, destruction, unauthorized access, alteration, or inadvertent disclosure of data, including the use of Secure Sockets Layer software to protect your credit card and billing information during transmission. Financial information that you submit to us is kept in a secure storage facility and only accessible by authorized employees and third-party service providers who need to access the information to perform their duties.
We will retain and store your information unless and until you request that we delete your information or we decide that the costs of retaining the data outweighs the benefits, whichever comes earlier. Your data may be processed and stored in the United States or any other country in which the third parties described in this policy and their agents maintain facilities. In the event of a data breach, we will promptly respond and notify those who are affected.
Notice to International Users
Our website is hosted in the United States. We also host some backup duplicative information in other countries. If you are accessing our website from the European Union (“EU”) or elsewhere, be aware that you are transferring your personal data to the United States, which does not currently have the same personal data protection laws as the EU and other regions. Our processes and procedures are compliant with the rules and regulations under the European Union’s General Data Protection regulation (GDPR). We are available to answer all queries and information about your personal data via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-360-805-3131.
We take our responsibility seriously and we regularly take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected as described in this policy. By using our website or our services, you consent to have your personal information used and transferred to the United States as set forth in this policy.
We post customer and partner testimonials such as case studies on our website, which may contain personal information, after obtaining consent. If you wish to request the removal of your testimonial, please contact us at the email address provided below. These testimonials reflect the real life experiences of persons or entities who have used our products and/or services. These results are individual, can vary, and are not necessarily representative or typical of all experiences. The testimonials displayed in any form on this site are reproduced verbatim, except for correction of grammatical or typing errors. Some may have been shortened for space or relevancy. ATTA is not responsible for any of the opinions or comments posted on our website. Our website is not a forum for testimonials. We simply provide them as a way for customers to share their experiences with others. To protect against abuse, we review testimonials before posting them. The testimonials are strictly the views of the person or entity providing the testimonial; we do not share and provide no opinion ourselves on any testimonials that appears on our website. In the event there is a connection between the ATTA and the endorser that might materially affect the weight or credibility of the endorsement (i.e., the connection is not reasonably expected by the audience), such connection will be fully disclosed.
• Don’t give us your personal data. You can always choose not to give us your personal data, although this information is required if you want to take advantage of some of our services such as subscribing to our newsletter, joining the ATTA or registering for our events.
• Manage your cookies. Most browsers automatically accept all cookies by default. You should be able to adjust your browser’s settings to reject new cookies, prompt you before accepting a cookie, or disable cookies. Check your browser’s help section for instructions on how to do this. See the “More About Cookies” section above regarding your choices around the cookies we use.
• Choose to/not to Receive Communications. You have the option to unsubscribe from all ATTA communications at any time or to change your newsletter and other subscription preferences using the update preferences hyperlink at the bottom of our emails. You may also choose not to receive emails or other communications from us and our partners at the point where we ask whether you would like to receive such communications.
• Account Termination. You may request that we terminate any account that you have with us.
We may take reasonable steps to confirm your identity and to obtain any necessary information from you before fulfilling any of the requests described in this section. If we are unable to confirm your identity or obtain sufficient information regarding your request to enable us to take action, we will not be able to remove your personal information or terminate your account. Note that if you opt-out of our marketing materials but you purchased a product or service from us, you will continue to receive communications from us about your specific purchase. Further, if third parties already have your information, you will have to contact them directly to opt-out of their marketing communications.
We are available to answer your questions and requests regarding your personal data via the following email address: email@example.com or via phone at 1-360-805-3131.
If you are in the EU, under European law you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
Right of access. You have the right to obtain:
• Confirmation and a copy of the personal information we have retained
• The purposes and processes through we which we use and retain your personal information
• Information about the categories of recipients and entities with whom we may share your personal information
• You have the right to amend or modify the personal information which you have provided to us.
Right of portability. You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format.
Right to rectification. You have the right to obtain changes to your personal information in a timely manner.
Right to erasure. You have the right to request that we erase your personal information without undue delay subject to the exceptions and limitations set forth elsewhere in this policy.
Data protection authorities. You have the right to contact your local data protection authority: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
You are responsible for the security of any account that you have with us, including but not limited to your Adventure HUB account, and for any use of your account by you or third persons. As such, it is imperative that you keep your account login information confidential, including your password. If your password has been compromised, you should change it immediately to protect your personal information and your account from abuse.
Our website is not directed to children under 18, and we do not offer products or services for use by children. If you are under 18, you may not provide us with any personally identifiable information and you may not use our website without the supervision of a parent or guardian. If a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information, the child’s parent or guardian may contact us and request that such information be deleted from our records.
We have a strict no spam policy. You are not licensed to send any communications through our service that would qualify as spam, including unsolicited mass mailings outside your organization, and any communications in any form to any of our users, customers or visitors without their express written consent.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, email that we send will clearly identify who the email is from and how to contact the sender. In addition, our emails and newsletters will also contain information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list should you no longer wish to receive email-communications from us.
Adventure Travel Trade Association, Inc.
14751 N Kelsey St, Suite 105 PMB 604
Monroe, WA 98272
Last Updated: August 16, 2018